For the Oceans Day, Guadeloupe Port Caribbean and the Rectorate of Guadeloupe are committed to creating together tools to raise awareness of marine environments adapted to Guadeloupe.
On Wednesday, June 8, the awards ceremony for the “Nature at Heart” competition of artistic productions organized by the port took place. It was an opportunity to salute the commitment of the students and the teaching community. But also to go further to raise awareness about the protection and knowledge of marine environments. In this sense, the Rector Mr. Camille GALAP and the Chairman of the Executive Board Mr. Yves SALAÜN signed a framework cpartnership agreement between the two institutions.
It aims to guarantee the success and sustainability of actions conducted by Guadeloupe Port Caribbean for students. Gathered within Cáyoli Junior they must allow to sensitize them to the protection of the natural environments and to arouse vocations! The convention signed agreement provides a framework for :
- Co-produce tools to contextualize the lessons learned, in particular on the following themes:
- Marine biodiversity (remarkable environments and fauna);
- Maritime issues (history and heritage of the GPMG, maritime trade and seafaring professions).
- Waste (ocean pollution and innovative solutions)
- Organize an annual meeting with students around World Oceans Day